All articles submitted to the editorial board are reviewed.
The tasks of the review are to promote the strict selection of author’s articles for publication and to make specific recommendations for their improvement.
In order to improve the quality of the review process, both editorial board members and independent experts are involved, who provide their written conclusions in the prescribed manner.
According to the journal’s editorial policy, the review process is anonymous for both reviewers and authors.
The main purpose of the review process is to uphold the principles of scientific and academic integrity. Reviewers evaluate the theoretical and methodological level of the article, its practical value and scientific importance. In addition, they determine the compliance of the article with the principles of ethics in scientific publications and provide guidance on how to remedy violations.
Reviewing is based on confidentiality when information about the article (terms of receipt, content, stages and features of reviewing, reviewers’ comments and final decision to publish) is not disclosed to anyone but the authors and reviewers.
THE PROCEDURE FOR REVIEWING ARTICLES
- The author submits an article to the editorial board. The article is to meet the requirements of the journal and the guidelines for the article’s publication in academic editions of Ukraine.
- Articles that do not correspond to the requirements are not registered and are not allowed for further review; the authors will be informed about that.
- All articles submitted to the editorial board are directed to a reviewer, or, if necessary, two reviewers. The right to appoint reviewers is assigned to the Editor-in-Chief of the journal. He may delegate this right to one of the members of the editorial board.
- Reviewers can be members of the editorial board as well as third-party highly qualified specialists who have deep professional knowledge and experience in a specific scientific field (Doctors of Sciences, professors in this field).
- After receiving the article for review (within 7 days), the editorial staff evaluates the article in terms of the author’s compliance with all necessary technical and macrostructural requirements for materials submitted to professional editions of Ukraine. If necessary, the editorial staff cooperates with the author to bring the article in compliance with such requirements, assigns the code to the article and to send it to Editor-in-Chief for further re-submitting to the appointed reviewers.
- As a rule, the reviewer concludes if the article is ready for publishing within 21 days. Review periods may vary on a case-by-case basis to create the conditions for the most objective assessment of the quality of the submitted material.
- Reviewing is conducted confidentially according to the principles of the double-blind reviewing, when neither the author nor the reviewer knows about each other. Interaction between author and reviewer(s) occurs via e-mail through a responsible editor.
- All articles submitted for the review are checked for the uniqueness of the text and the absence of incorrect borrowing using the appropriate software.
- After the final analysis of the article, the reviewer fills in a standardized form with a pre-spelled article title and its code. The editors inform the author of the review results and send a scanned copy of the review by email.
- If the reviewer indicates the need to make certain corrections in the article, the article is sent to the author with the suggestion to take into account the comments when preparing the updated version of the article or to refute them reasonably. The revised version is re-submitted to the reviewer to make a decision and to prepare a reasoned opinion on the possibility of publication. The acceptance date of the article for publication is considered the date of receipt of a positive opinion of the reviewer (or decision of the editorial board) on the expediency and the possibility of publishing the article.
- In case of disagreement with the opinion of the reviewer, the author of the article has the right to submit a reasoned answer to the editorial board. In this case, the article is considered at the meeting of the working group of the editorial board. The editorial board may refer the article for additional or new review to another specialist. The editorial board reserves the right to decline articles in case of the author’s inability or unwillingness to consider the wishes and comments of reviewers. At the request of a reviewer, the editorial board may submit the article to another reviewer with the mandatory observance of the principles of anonymity.
- The final decision on the possibility and expediency of the publication is taken by the Editor-in-Chief (or by the member of the editorial board on his behalf) and, if necessary, by the meeting of the editorial board as a whole. After passing a decision on the admission of the article to the publication, the commissioning editor will inform the author and indicate the expected publication period.
- In case of a positive decision about the possibility of publishing the article, it is submitted to the editorial and publishing journal for its publication in the order of the existing queue or, in some cases (by the decision of the Editor-in-Chief), out of turn in the next issue of the journal.
- The author and the reviewer of the article are responsible for the accuracy of the provided facts and data, the validity of the conclusions and recommendations, the scientific and practical level of the article. The editorial board is responsible for all material published in the journal.
ADHERENCE TO EDITORIAL ETHICS
The editorial board is guided by the following international and national ethics documents for scientific publications: the basic principles of editors and publishers implemented by the COPE Ethics Committee, the Budapest Open Access Initiative, recommendations for the prevention of academic plagiarism and its detection in scientific works (essays, theses, monographs, scientific reports, articles, etc.), outlined in the letter of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine No. 1/11-8681 dated August 15, 2018.