History of the Book in Creative Heritage of Mykhailo Hrushevskyi
The article examines M. Hrushevskyi’s views on book development in Ukraine, from period of prince ruling to the beginning of the 20th century. Special attention is given to positive influence of clergy, monasteries and princes on book products formation in Kievan Rus and its distribution to regions. The authors pointed to dependence of book writing on political situation in different periods of Ukraine’s history. Particular attention is paid to book printing and its impact on national consciousness. The negative results of Tsarism anti-Ukrainian policy regarding publishing books in our region, dating from the 18th century to beginning of the 20th century, were noted. The views of M. Hrushevskyi on Ukrainian culture development, in particular bibliology during early and late modern periods of our history were revealed.
2. Cybenko, I. (2015), “Scholar and publishing activities of M. Hrushevsky in conditions of development Ukrainian national culture”, Visnyk Knyzhkovoji palaty, vol. 11, pp. 34–37.
3. Tymoshyk, M. (2007), Istoriia vydavnychoi spravy [History of Publishing], 2nd ed, Nasha kuljtura i nauka, Kyiv, Ukraine.
4. Hrushevsky, M. (2007), Narys istorii Kyivs’koi zemli vid smerti Yaroslava do kintsia XIV stolittia [Essay on the history of Kyiv land from the Yaroslav death to the end of XIV century], Naukova dumka, Kyiv, Ukraine.
5. Hrushevsky, M. (1993), Istoriia ukrains’koi literatury [History of Ukrainian Literature], Vol. 2, Lybidj, Kyiv, Ukraine.
6. Hrushevsky, M. (1992), Iliustrovana istoriia Ukrainy [Illustrated History of Ukraine], Naukova dumka, Kyiv, Ukraine.
7. Hrushevsky, M. (1995), Istoriia Ukrainy-Rusy [History of Ukraine-Ruthenia], (Vols. 1–11); Vol. 6, Naukova dumka, Kyiv, Ukraine.
8. Hrushevsky, M. (1995), Istoriia Ukrainy-Rusy [History of Ukraine-Ruthenia], (Vols. 1–11); Vol. 7, Naukova dumka, Kyiv, Ukraine.
9. Hrushevsky, M. (2009), “Ukrainian Early Printed Books”, Tvory v 50-ty tomakh, vol. 9, pp. 239–242.
10. Hrushevsky, M. (2005), “To defense of Ukrainian book”, Tvory v 50-ty tomakh, vol. 3, pp. 52–54.